WE NEED EACH OTHER


Its important we know the truth
Whether or not we accept it
We run across this sphere
Having influence in our sphere

Little thought for co-runners
Even the new comers
As we enroll, we see foot tracks
Possibly, runners who have gone through

Who were they?
Was the race for a day?
Or, infinity?
I ask with scrutiny

I hope I'm able to run lawfully
I look straight fully
Then we kick off
Hope co-runners have not tripped off

Least of my thought though
I look forward to the trophy
I hope there's one
I really hope there's one

Just then, sounds were heard no more
Wasn't quite sure
Co-runners were supposed to be behind
Their footsteps were a band

Where am I?
Any body here?
Thoughts of the imaginary trophy,
But then fear became stronger

Then I observed,
No foot prints on the track I found
I moved backwards
A step a time

''Hey Mr.!'', I'm glad I found you
The others await you
Just few steps away
And we'll find them on the right way

Peace replaced fear
Never thought such words I would hear
There they were
Everyone receiving me as it were

The journey continued
And is still on
Satisfaction is the word
As we go forward

'Cause I discovered my trophy
These people are my trophy
We need each other
I'm glad I've got you


Sapphire 
14-02-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-WHO IS THIS AFRICAN WOMAN-

OH!! NIGERIA: An INVOCATION to THE GOD of OUR FATHERS

NOTHING TO WRITE