DEAR SAPPHIRE

Dear Sapphire,

My pen is alarmingly weak and rusty.
It's been a while I wrote and my mind is blank.
This coffee is bland,
Please take no offence.

This poem is about me, but for you. 
Life is a wave, sometimes you crest, other times you trough.
I hope my physics is accurate?
Coz, this time it is not a crest.

Waiting it is. It's like two waves cancelled and the lines levelled out.
But you gonna be careful coz, it could easily trough.
So you have to set your face continually to the sun,
Maybe it's retained warmth will make the night not so cold and lonely.

The advice is simple; believe in waiting.
Be strong, be steady;
O dear, but there is a myth in being strong.
Faith can seem fleeting at times and man want to just let go.

But we have to keep the faith steady. We've got to finish strong.
We keep believing that all things work together for good.
Lemme end my diatribe by saying to you Princess Sapphire,
Finish strong. Steadily cross the line of your program.

Keep the faith. 
But remember, 
Every battle won, begins another.

H.Sophia
27-01-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-WHO IS THIS AFRICAN WOMAN-

OH!! NIGERIA: An INVOCATION to THE GOD of OUR FATHERS

NOTHING TO WRITE