MUM

*MUM* 

Mum
I LOVE YOU,
For who you are,
And for all you represent in my life
For being there,
And for loving me too.

I celebrate you Mum
And I forever will,
'Cause you stand out amongst all women.
You care like no other.
And your eyes can't hide
How much love you have for us.

Your zeal for the kingdom is so outstanding.
All those times we stood,
Waiting for vehicles to take us to church,
Because of your new found faith,
Were so remarkable for me.
It was a journey every Sunday.

To a place so far from home,
Yet you weren't dismayed,
You handed everything over to God,
Your children inclusive,
Now, it has all paid off.

Mum,
You're everything virtuous.
I still wonder how you do it,
You'll rather receive hurt than hurt another,
You watch over us so jealously, that I hope we can breathe (Laughs).
You see the best in us even after our several falls.

My Dad's heartthrob,
His confidanté,
His one and only.
You're the glue that has brought us all as one.
You radiate so much hope Mum,
You glow with so much patience,
Your beauty has left me in awe.

Thanks for those times you stood by me.
Thanks for those times you prayed for me.
Thanks for those times you heard me out.
Thanks for birthing me.

For the European Omugwo,
And the  every every (Laughs),
I've tabled them to God,
And I can't wait to put unending smiles,
On your beautiful face.

Its me:
CHI - AMAKA (Just the way you call me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-WHO IS THIS AFRICAN WOMAN-

OH!! NIGERIA: An INVOCATION to THE GOD of OUR FATHERS

NOTHING TO WRITE