Uniquely ME


















Uniquely ME
Who am I?
What defines ‘ME’ or My life?
Now, then, or soon to be?
My hopes, dreams and fears?
Do they really define ‘ME?’
No others eye can feel or see
What is on the inside of ME.
I am a million pieces
A puzzle that’s for sure
Even I don’t have the picture
Of who, I was before.
All those pieces!
Not sure if I have lost a one or two
For try as I might,
Some of those pieces
Just won’t fit together anymore.
You think YOU have problems!
Where did I leave ME behind?
I’m on the inside looking out
But, all I see is YOU
And YOU, I cannot tell,
Are YOU like ME?
Can YOU weave words like a seamstress?
Or know the colours of the morning dew?
No, WE are not like,
For I am
Uniquely ME.
Me, I am free and unrestrained
Me, I can create colours in the rain
Or catch the breeze off mountain tops
You see, I am, uniquely ME.
MY path is set and following I walk
Putting pebbles to mark the trail,
Just in case I get lost.
Who I am, remains undefined,
Perhaps our paths crossed once?
YOU and ME
Same path,
Different journey.
If I had a piece that is YOU
Then I left it like a pebble
Where YOU will find it,
But as for ME,
I am venturing on,
To find more of who I am,
That is uniquely ME.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

-WHO IS THIS AFRICAN WOMAN-

OH!! NIGERIA: An INVOCATION to THE GOD of OUR FATHERS

NOTHING TO WRITE