OH!! NIGERIA: An INVOCATION to THE GOD of OUR FATHERS_ Chukwu Okike Abiama- the greatest deity of all time Your unquestionable existence we extol Our fathers, your faithful worshippers Must lie uneasy in their graves What dost thou behold Through the atmospheric strata A people in darkness thicker than the bulrushes of _Igodo_ lake Ocean mix of blood and tears Hail and wails of the destitute For greedy sons of Belial Serving their bellies and not us Constrain our destiny This is the cause of your wrath Oh! hearken to our pleas born by the wind Tribal bigotry plagues us Like a rotten ulcer on the dorsum of a diabetic's foot Our stench exposes us to carnivores Please, come to our rescue The die is now cast Strengthen us to reclaim our wastelands To rediscover the unity in WaZoBia May our unborn offspring not remember us for shame *Ise!!!!! Sapphire 13-12-2022
He that fears something, gives it power over him. Fear; brittle agitation, sore trepidation. It has a way of emptying courage, Fear; Forget Everything And Run. Crunchy Images, desperate awareness, Sight on the sides, hope on the precipice. Recall your failures, remember your defeat, Tears: Can I find solace in hell, Hell No! Fire burns Courage. Fear; Face Everything And Rise. Till death do apart. HAGIA SOPHIA
Uniquely ME Who am I? What defines ‘ME’ or My life? Now, then, or soon to be? My hopes, dreams and fears? Do they really define ‘ME?’ No others eye can feel or see What is on the inside of ME. I am a million pieces A puzzle that’s for sure Even I don’t have the picture Of who, I was before. All those pieces! Not sure if I have lost a one or two For try as I might, Some of those pieces Just won’t fit together anymore. You think YOU have problems! Where did I leave ME behind? I’m on the inside looking out But, all I see is YOU And YOU, I cannot tell, Are YOU like ME? Can YOU weave words like a seamstress? Or know the colours of the morning dew? No, WE are not like, For I am Uniquely ME. Me, I am free and unrestrained Me, I can create colours in the rain Or catch the breeze off mountain tops You see, I am, uniquely ME. MY path is set and following I walk Putting pebbles to mark...
Comments
Post a Comment